Saturday, August 6, 2011

Orange Cake Update

Special Louisiana guests have come and gone. Grill is cool and deck fans are now off (helped, but was still HOT), and dishes are put up. A rare nap DID take place...and now here I am...with you...and I am happy to report

What is that saying? 
"A picture is worth a thousand words"
Well, I sure am glad because that would be a lot of typing!

So....like I promised

Orange Cake

One box Pillsbury Classic White Cake Mix
3 whole eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small package sugar-free orange jello

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients until moistened and beat about 2 more minutes at medium speed until smooth. Prepare pans, pour in and bake.  I used an 8x3 inch round pan and baked about 37 minutes.  Make SURE cake is completely done, but not overdone (ovens vary).  Cool cake in pan at least 12 - 15 minutes then turn out on cake rack to completely cool before torting into two layers.  I filled with a pineapple filling (I gave another link that has a custard base on the last post).  Then cover with a pinapple orange cream cheese frosting.  I added a tablespoon of orange concentrate and 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice to my favorite cream cheese frosting.  You can find a classic cream cheese recipe at Martha Stewart's site.  Decorate as you wish or not and just ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment