Sunday, October 30, 2011

But God Loves Spiders....Two Ways!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of October and you know what that means!  I make a habit of bookmarking ideas that I want to try...like this one HERE at Cookies and Cups.  Take a peek. I waited all month for just the right time.  And finally the day came.  

 The first is a 6 inch tall cake and has cocoa-vanilla swirl cake layers, covered in vanilla swiss meringue buttercream with a chocolate spider web. I was excited to make this cake for the children at our church dinner today.   The Oreo spider idea came directly from a great blog.  BUT....


I needed a quick cake for dinner at my daughter's.  So, here is the shorter version covered in regular buttercream, chocolate web but the spiders are mini Reese's PB Cups.  Layers of orange and butter cake layers make the cake.  It was a hit!  It is completely gone.  And that's a good thing.

I can assure you that writing, even with a perma pen on cake rounds is NOT the best idea...it smears....while the ink stayed in tact for our dinners, I noticed that it can transfer to napkins, fingers and the CAKE.  Good thing it didn't do that until I brought the remnants home.  So warning to the wise...wrap the thing and pipe ICING on it.  Learn from my almost disaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment